See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Reopened in mid-May 2019 after being closed for nine months Former coaching inn. The building dates from the 16th century, with an 18th century frontage. According to Alfred Hedges' book, "Inns & Inn Signs of Norfolk & Suffolk, it's claimed that the Fleece was built by a local builder from the excess profits he made from building Boxford rectory. Hedges also tells us that the oak panelling comes from old box pews which prior to 1887 were in the local parish church. Cask conditioned beers are mainly from Colchester Brewery and local guest ales, lagers and ciders from Suffolk.