Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
"The best yet"
That's what people are saying about the 2021 East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival which is over for another year but we're already planning the next so look out for news of the 30th Festival right here
Organised by West Suffolk and Borders CAMRA
Festival goer Christine contacted the Festival to tell us about her visit to this years festival:-
"We were very impressed with the festival this year we loved it in the apex previously but the beautiful cathedral was much nicer with more space and finishing up with the amazing nite at proms was just a perfect finish were really looking forward to next year many thanks it was so lovely to all come back together in such a lovely place"
With The Beatles Tribute on stage duiring their perfomance on Saturday night
Honington Military Wives Choir performing in the Cathedral
Looking towards the Cathedral from the Stage area
Inside the Garth Marquee
Walk this way
- 2022 Spring Newsletter available to download Saturday 30 April 2022
- Beer Festival Tickets - On Sale! Tuesday 15 February 2022
- East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival Thursday 13 January 2022
- 2021 Summer Newsletter available to download Tuesday 29 June 2021
- It's Beer Day Britain tomorrow 15th June 2021 Monday 14 June 2021
- The Inns & Alehouses of Bury St Edmunds - 26th June 2021 Sunday 13 June 2021
- Celebrate Britains' National Beer Day 7 pm 15th June 2021 Wednesday 2 June 2021
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Tuesday, 16:00 : RT @coffeecaravan: Look who dropped in on our visit to Wattisfield today! Our team member Garry was joined by the torch bearers on the torch relay route as part of the #FestivalOfSuffolk. View the full route & dates on our website: ruralcoffeecaravan.org.uk/wp-content/upl… pic.twitter.com/hfgh6KuW79
- Tuesday, 10:49 : RT @BritBeerBreaks: Norwich City of Ale is back! The month-long festival kicks off this Thursday, inviting beer lovers to taste their way around seven trails and 51 pubs. In our new Substack, @philmellows pulls on his drinking boots to preview a highlight of the beer calendar britishbeerbreaks.substack.com/p/somethings-b… pic.twitter.com/CLIaZyafwl
- Tuesday, 20:10 : RT @buryfolkfest: Our festival banner went up at Nowton Park today - feels like the 25th June is getting closer every day, he says, stating the obvious..... pic.twitter.com/QKwe1cAd2O
- Tuesday, 18:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 🍺 The Great British Beer Festival (@gbbf) is back this summer! Returning to Olympia London (@olympia_london) 2 – 6 August 2022, the festival will feature 100s of real ales, international beers, real ciders & perries. 🍻 🎟️Have you got your ticket yet? gbbf.org.uk pic.twitter.com/zBAR9ahscI
- Tuesday, 16:42 : RT @MiddyRailway: This morning we unloaded our visiting engine Beyer built in 1879 and one of the oldest working railway steam locomotives in the Country. Subject to a satisfactory Fitness to Run Exam tomorrow she will be in service at the Middy in the 40s event this weekend. pic.twitter.com/ZNbv4Z0bSc