Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)
Website last updated 26th November 2020
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and proceeds from national and local beer festivals. CAMRA is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee.
Our local branch has over 1000 members so why not join us at our monthyl branch meeting, see diary for details.
*** LATEST NEWS *** LATEST NEWS *** LATEST NEWS *** LATEST NEWS ***
Scroll down for more news from West Suffolk CAMRA
Accessing your West Suffolk CAMRA website whenever and wherever you are has just become a lot easier as it is now "mobile friendly"
In these CORVID times your local news and stories are even more welcome than ever to help keep your fellow members entertained and up to date..
Please send us your news and comments by email to ku.ro.armac.kloffustsew@retsambew
Also your feedback or suggestions about the new website would be appreciated.
Due to CORVID restrictions it has not been possible to print and distribute the Suffolk and North Essex CAMRA Magazine LAST ORDERS so resourcefull as ever the magazines editor Nigel Smith has published an e-version which other than not containing any adverts is full of the usual interesting and informative information about the local CAMRA scene.
If you are missing your copy of
download your own copy by clicking here E-Last Orders
3rd November 2020
During the second lockdown due to start on 5th November the government had said pubs would not be allowed to sell take-a-way alcohol but thanks to pressure applied by CAMRA and their members contacting their MPs in unprecidented numbers the government has announced sales will be now be allowed in a relaxation of planned lockdown rules in England as follows
-Alcolol can be collected by customers as long as they do not enter the premises
-Customers must order their drink via a website, phone or text message.
-Deliveries are also allowed.
See Coronavirus Update page for pub contact information .
Your local beer is under threat. The Government is set to increase the tax paid by some small independent breweries in the UK. This could lead to brewery closures and less choice at the bar for you. CAMRA has joined calls for the Government to think again – we need your help to persuade them that this is bad for UK brewing and bad for consumers. You can help by signing the petitition. More info click here
*** 7 September 2020 *** The first of what is hoped will be quarterly Branch newsletters has just be published and circulated to members. A copy can also be downloaded from the 'Members Area' of this website
Tweets by West Suffolk CAMRA |
Twitter / wscBeer
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 15:01 : Have you seen Pete Brown's fantastic new book Beer By Design? Well there's more where that came from! Visit Pete's blog at beerbydesign.co.uk and give him a follow 👉 @BeerByDesignUK1
- Thursday, 19:07 : RT @NeilBibby: Delighted @ScotParl has tonight voted overwhelmingly for the Tied Pubs Bill to pass Stage 1. Thanks to MSPs from all parties who want to give Scotland’s Tied Pubs a fairer deal. I look forward to working across parties to progress this vital legislation in the coming weeks. pic.twitter.com/7NYGkoMFIt
- Thursday, 19:01 : Gearing up for #BlackFriday? 🛍️ Order some local beer, cider or perry to get you through! Keep supporting your local pub or brewery using #Brew2You ➡️ brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/cfVGupTMs4
- Thursday, 18:50 : MSPs in the Scottish Parliament have just voted in favour of the principles of @NeilBibby's Tied Pubs Bill - which gives tied tenants a fair deal & improves consumer choice at the bar. Thank you @jamiehepburn @scotgov @scottishlabour @scotlibdems @scotgp @theSNP & @ScotTories 🍻
- Thursday, 15:21 : Thank you to Charlotte Nichols for once again raising the issue of a lack of evidence to justify restrictions on pubs in Tier 2 areas ✊ twitter.com/charlotte2153/…
This is the website of the West Suffolk and Borders of CAMRA.
If you spot an error please please report it to ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@retsambew
Disclaimer: Please be aware that any reviews or comments expressed in these web pages, be they good, bad or indifferent, are those of the reviewer only and their appearance on this website does not mean that they are endorsed by West Suffolk and Borders branch of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)