Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
- Last Orders May 2021 available to download here Thursday 13 May 2021
- New website for Community Pubs Tuesday 11 May 2021
- Obituary: Dr Ian (Spencer) Hornsey Saturday 8 May 2021
- Online version of What's Brewing now live Wednesday 5 May 2021
- VILLAGE NEWCOMER AWARDED APRIL ‘PUB OF THE MONTH’ ACCOLADE! Tuesday 4 May 2021
- Make your voice heard in Westminster - your views wanted Saturday 1 May 2021
- Branch Pubs now open - April update Monday 26 April 2021
- New Pub WALK around the village of Barrow added Monday 19 April 2021
- List of Pubs doing food takeaways/deliveries in the Branch area Thursday 15 April 2021
- Pubs reopening - full details here Monday 12 April 2021
Counting the days to the Festival opening
NEW VENUE and DATES for the 29th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVALHot on the heels of the Government road map out of lockdown the West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA has unveiled ambitious plans for a ‘comeback’ Festival later this year.
By kind permission of the Dean & Chapter, the 29th East Anglian Beer & Cider Festival will take place in the Cathedral, Cloisters and Garth in Bury St Edmunds from Wednesday 25th August until Monday 30th August 2021, coinciding with the town’s annual Food & Drink Festival and late summer Bank Holiday weekend.
Full Press Release can be found here
For more information about our festival's new location, St Edmundsbury Cathedral click here
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Friday, 00:42 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: "Finance experts" @dailystar say every adult in Britain needs to drink 124 pints to save the nation's pubs after repeated lockdowns. Bearing in mind drinking responsibly, anyone up for the challenge & the cause?
- Thursday, 18:00 : RT @CAMRA_Official: We've got the latest edition of We're Only Here For The Beer for you! These are the Good Beer Guide pubs our podcast hosts are hoping to visit. Listen to the latest episode of Pubs. Pints. People. here 👉ow.ly/qlcR50ELQQ0 pic.twitter.com/scUh7zT5kg
- Thursday, 20:20 : RT @KeysRedgrave: This weekend @KeysRedgrave VB as always. @LaconsBrewery Legacy, then Encore and @crouchvale Brewers Gold into next week.#caskisback #communitypub pic.twitter.com/bq1mG3zf3K
- Thursday, 19:16 : #pubs eveningnews24.co.uk/news/health/ri…
- Wednesday, 12:13 : RT @HarwichFestival: We're excited to be selling tickets on behalf of the Redoubt Beer Festival this year. Visit harwichfestival.com for details. Tickets on sale now. #Harwich #arts #essex #hahc #dovercourt #beer pic.twitter.com/cCcyRsdNqb