Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
- It's Beer Day Britain tomorrow 15th June 2021 Monday 14 June 2021
- The Inns & Alehouses of Bury St Edmunds - 26th June 2021 Sunday 13 June 2021
- Celebrate Britains' National Beer Day 7 pm 15th June 2021 Wednesday 2 June 2021
- 29th East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival TICKETS now on sale Monday 17 May 2021
- BEER FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER FORM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE Sunday 16 May 2021
- CAMRA MEMBER EXCLUSIVE pre-register for Beer Festival tickets Sunday 16 May 2021
- Last Orders May 2021 available to download here Thursday 13 May 2021
- New website for Community Pubs Tuesday 11 May 2021
- Obituary: Dr Ian (Spencer) Hornsey Saturday 8 May 2021
- Online version of What's Brewing now live Wednesday 5 May 2021
Counting the days to the Festival opening
NEW VENUE and DATES for the 29th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVALWest Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA has unveiled ambitious plans for a ‘comeback’ Festival later this year.
By kind permission of the Dean & Chapter, the 29th East Anglian Beer & Cider Festival will take place in the Cathedral, Cloisters and Garth in Bury St Edmunds from Wednesday 25th August until Monday 30th August 2021, coinciding with the town’s annual Food & Drink Festival and late summer Bank Holiday weekend.
Full Press Release can be found here
For more information about our festival's new location, St Edmundsbury Cathedral click here
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Thursday, 14:12 : RT @theswanlawshall: SPECIAL DEAL!!! TONIGHT ONLY!! 2 X FISH AND CHIPS AND A BOTTLE OF ROSE FOR £30. EAT IN AND BOOKINGS ONLY PH 01284828477 #SWANINNLAWSHALL #SWANWINEDEALS #BURYSTEDMUNDS @ Swan Inn Lawshall instagram.com/p/CQOPcIsLbnV/…
- Thursday, 13:20 : RT @CatsProtection: There have been recent reports of cats presenting symptoms of feline pancytopenia, including unexplained bleeding. As a result the Food Standards Agency has recalled a number of products. For further information and support, please visit our website here: bit.ly/CatsFoodRecall pic.twitter.com/wexwKK37Fv
- Thursday, 08:52 : RT @oakesbarn: Tables available for Father's Day. Ring 01284 761592 to pre book @oakesbarn @ourburysteds @wscBeer #FathersDay2021 #sundayvibes #homemadefood #locallysourcedproduce pic.twitter.com/G7HbIDVkG8
- Wednesday, 17:21 : RT @oakesbarn: All change @oakesbarn @BreweryEarl @mauldonsbrewery @BoudiccaBrewing @wscBeer @ourburysteds #tastebury #realale #YumYum #BuryStEdmunds pic.twitter.com/scsRrRiCuX
- Wednesday, 13:45 : IMPORTANT UPDATE: Museum of East Anglian Life has moved their Beer Fest to 12-14 August. For tickets & latest details eastanglianlife.org.uk #Stowmarket #beerfestival #BuryStEdmunds @midangliacamra @NESuffolkCAMRA @colCAMRA @SuffolkCamra @NorwichCAMRA @ElyCAMRA @CambridgeCAMRA