Website last updated 7th April 2020
Welcome to the website for the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) which is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and proceeds from national and local beer festivals. CAMRA is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee.
Our local branch has over 1000 members so why not join us at our monthyl branch meeting, see diary for details.
***NEW*** HELPING OUR PUBS TO HELP YOU - Pubs offering take away service CLICK here
Other businesses are also offering services. A FULL LIST IS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD here
|POSTPONED>>>|| Postponement of the East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival
Regrettably, as a consequence of government advice on the Coronavirus, the Apex in Bury St Edmunds has made the decision today to suspend all events due to take place at the venue with immediate effect on Health and Safety grounds until further notice. This means that we will be unable to hold the East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival as planned on 22-25th April 2020 so we have postponed the event. It is hoped that we will be able to reschedule the festival for later in the year and should this be possible we will update the festival website https://www.burystedmundsbeerfestival.com
|Also on this page||Latest NEWS||Branch Twitter||Pub Walks||Disclaimers|
Want some nostalgia?
Some interesting recollections (well for us oldies anyway) just in about The Griffin from someone who used to manage the pub/restaurant back in the 1960s. Check it out on our Nostalgia page
Tweets by West Suffolk CAMRA |
Twitter / wscBeer
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 10:52 : This week on our #podcast Pubs. Pints. People., we're talking beer diversity! Featuring Nick O'Shea, founder of @ignitionbeer which employs people with learning difficulties, and award-winning beer communicator Emma Inch @fermentradio! 🍻 Listen here ➡️ ow.ly/Q4ZS50zPZme pic.twitter.com/2riD9oTGEp
- Tuesday, 00:01 : Beer diversity audioboom.com/posts/7588122-… via @Audioboom
- Monday, 12:30 : Happy #BankHolidayMonday! ☀️ We hope everyone has a lovely long weekend 🍻 Have you ordered your bank holiday drinks using #Brew2You? Let us know what you're having below! Learn more about Brew2You and download the app 👉 brew2you.co.uk pic.twitter.com/3rTApRUJu5
- Sunday, 13:00 : Next Wednesday, our Senior Communications Manager Katie Wiles is taking part in an online seminar with @Britbeerwriters on how the industry is responding to the COVID-19 crisis. If you're interested in hearing more, click here to sign up! 👉 ow.ly/QZl950zNRlk
- Sunday, 10:00 : Why not use this long weekend to catch up with our #podcast Pubs. Pints. People.? 🎧 This week's dive into the What's Brewing archive is a tale of how the written history of beer-making in Scotland was put in danger! Hear more in the latest episode 👉 ow.ly/6BzH50zNOAG pic.twitter.com/TXEZOlICjp
This is the website of the West Suffolk and Borders of CAMRA.
If you spot an error please please report it to ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@retsambew
Disclaimer: Please be aware that any reviews or comments expressed in these web pages, be they good, bad or indifferent, are those of the reviewer only and their appearance on this website does not mean that they are endorsed by West Suffolk and Borders branch of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)