Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
- 2021 Summer Newsletter available to download Tuesday 29 June 2021
- It's Beer Day Britain tomorrow 15th June 2021 Monday 14 June 2021
- The Inns & Alehouses of Bury St Edmunds - 26th June 2021 Sunday 13 June 2021
- Celebrate Britains' National Beer Day 7 pm 15th June 2021 Wednesday 2 June 2021
- 29th East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival TICKETS now on sale Monday 17 May 2021
- BEER FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER FORM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE Sunday 16 May 2021
- CAMRA MEMBER EXCLUSIVE pre-register for Beer Festival tickets Sunday 16 May 2021
- Last Orders May 2021 available to download here Thursday 13 May 2021
- New website for Community Pubs Tuesday 11 May 2021
- Obituary: Dr Ian (Spencer) Hornsey Saturday 8 May 2021
Counting the days to the Festival opening
NEW VENUE and DATES for the 29th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVALWest Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA has unveiled ambitious plans for a ‘comeback’ Festival later this year.
All the latest Festival News, entertainment program, opening hours, and how to help support the Festival and raise money for local charities and good causes, will be found, as further details are released, on the Festival website – https://burystedmundsbeerfestival.com/ ?Picture above - St Edmundsbury Cathedral - the new home of the Festival
WANT TO BE INVOLVED?For more information please email ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@sreetnulov or download a volunteer application form here
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Sunday, 09:45 : RT @oakesbarn: August @oakesbarn 💞💞 Community at its finest #pubgrub #quiz #Greece #bankholiday #pubsmatter #August pic.twitter.com/ur1RlfWUCr
- Saturday, 18:47 : RT @FoxGarboldisham: 20 Real ales and a hog roast come on down and join us @atnorfolk @wscBeer @NESuffolkCAMRA all weekend pic.twitter.com/Cgorr8cEcs
- Friday, 18:37 : Rather good🍻 @TendringCAMRA @NESuffolkCAMRA @SuffolkCamra #beerfestivals @EADT24 pic.twitter.com/7XApZZXxRL
- Friday, 14:24 : RT @HelloTheWalnut: #fridaybeerboard! It's our Great British Beer Festival At Your Local. 7 beers all with female influence #smashthepintriarchy #gbbf #AtYourLocal #FemAle @PrimadonnaFest #stowmarket pic.twitter.com/lucpW7r8ES
- Friday, 13:59 : RT @HarwichBoozers: On the bar (literally!) in @GlobeHarwich now @grainbrewery 316 Gravity Fed #cask @caskaleweek @TendringCAMRA pic.twitter.com/lsWwAXLxqj