Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
- Branch Pubs now open - April update Thursday 15 April 2021
- List of Pubs doing food takeaways/deliveries in the Branch area Thursday 15 April 2021
- Pubs reopening - full details here Monday 12 April 2021
- WhatPub user survey - please help Monday 12 April 2021
- CAMRA launches Cask is BACK, so back CASK - new promotional campaign Friday 9 April 2021
- CAMRA launches limited edition Good Beer Box to mark its 50th anniversary Thursday 1 April 2021
- Troston Bull reopening announced Thursday 1 April 2021
- 2021 SPRING NEWSLETTER NOW AVAILABLE Tuesday 16 March 2021
- NEW VENUE and DATES for the 29th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL announced by West Suffolk and Borders CAMRA Monday 15 March 2021
- Nethergate Brewery - the Tap will be open from 12 April Sunday 28 February 2021
Don't miss out - Book your hotel soon!!!
NEW VENUE and DATES for the 29th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL
Hot on the heels of the Government road map out of lockdown the West Suffolk and
Borders branch of CAMRA has unveiled ambitious plans for a ‘comeback’ Festival later this year.
By kind permission of the Dean & Chapter, the 29th East Anglian Beer & Cider Festival will take place in the Cathedral, Cloisters and Garth in Bury St Edmunds from Wednesday 25th August until Monday 30th August 2021, coinciding with the town’s annual Food & Drink Festival and late summer Bank Holiday weekend.
Full Press Release can be found here
For more information about our festival's new location, St Edmundsbury Cathedral click here
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Saturday, 07:44 : 2021 EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL - West Suffolk CAMRA #beer westsuffolk.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Monday 12 April, 14:00 : RT @WhichUK: ⚠️ SCAM ALERT. Watch out for this scam claiming to be from @DVLAgovuk. 🚨 Avoid clicking links in texts or emails, especially if it's from an organisation contacting you out of the blue. Sign up to our free Scam Alerts Service for more scam warnings → whi.ch/ScamAlert_Serv…
- Saturday, 07:20 : Food for thought #pubs bbc.com/news/newsbeat-…
- Friday, 17:25 : RT @PlunkettFoundat: And for the final volunteer pictures of the day, some painting and decorating has been taking place at The Royal Oak in Stoke St Gregory. The pub, now primed and ready, opens under community ownership for the first time this evening! #morethanapub #combiz #communitypubSOS pic.twitter.com/p9c5YdVUYD
- Friday, 16:41 : RT @FoxGarboldisham: 5pm tonight sees the long awaited return of our Village Pub The Fox Garboldisham! We have a beautiful garden for you to enjoy a drink in this Spring sunshine. We are open all weekend and have Fish & Chips street food tomorrow evening! Look forward to welcoming you all back.