Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
"The best yet"
That's what people are saying about the 2021 East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival which is over for another year but we're already planning the next so look out for news of the 30th Festival right here
Organised by West Suffolk and Borders CAMRA
Festival goer Christine contacted the Festival to tell us about her visit to this years festival:-
"We were very impressed with the festival this year we loved it in the apex previously but the beautiful cathedral was much nicer with more space and finishing up with the amazing nite at proms was just a perfect finish were really looking forward to next year many thanks it was so lovely to all come back together in such a lovely place"
With The Beatles Tribute on stage duiring their perfomance on Saturday night
Honington Military Wives Choir performing in the Cathedral
Looking towards the Cathedral from the Stage area
Inside the Garth Marquee
Walk this way
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Tuesday, 17:08 : RT @suffolkroadsafe: What should you do if you break down on a motorway? The advice below is from the @NationalHways 'Go Left' campaign. ⚠️ nationalhighways.co.uk/road-safety/br… @HighwaysEAST @roadsafetyherts @NorfRS @CambsRoadSafety @letstalkcentral @SaferEssexRoads @Road_Safety_GB @Brakecharity #breakdown pic.twitter.com/2NV13wr5ND
- Tuesday, 17:29 : RT @PubLifeFun: Struggling to sleep in the hot weather? #pubs #loveyourlocal #drinklocal #beer #ale #realale #craftbeer #brewery #brewing #camra pic.twitter.com/LfOFjUiPOn
- Tuesday, 15:50 : RT @BeautifulBeers: My energy company claims to be 100% renewable wind and solar power. I don't have gas. How can they justify this? pic.twitter.com/42jukKdO5D
- Monday, 12:12 : RT @HelloTheWalnut: Today is Monday the 8th August, which means it's #quiznight And to start, the question is ... Do you fancy Thai Food on Thursday night? (11th August). Of course you do! And of course you want to be at #pubquiz 8pm till 9.45pm every Monday. £1 per person entry fee & teams up to 6 pic.twitter.com/omXcsrbp9u
- Sunday, 10:48 : A rare sighting of Bass in Suffolk @pakenhamfox @thewickingman pic.twitter.com/tXdjmucAoy