Welcome to the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA Branch members sign in
to see the "member only" menu
CAMRA is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and, in non-CORVID times, proceeds from national and local beer festivals.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit company
limited by guarantee.
Easily search for local beer, cider and perry nearby available to order by delivery and or collection. Help support the industry during the COVID-19 lockdown by shopping local using the Brew2You app! Visit https://brew2you.co.uk/ for more details.
"The best yet"
That's what people are saying about the 2021 East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival which is over for another year but we're already planning the next so look out for news of the 30th Festival right here
Organised by West Suffolk and Borders CAMRA
Festival goer Christine contacted the Festival to tell us about her visit to this years festival:-
"We were very impressed with the festival this year we loved it in the apex previously but the beautiful cathedral was much nicer with more space and finishing up with the amazing nite at proms was just a perfect finish were really looking forward to next year many thanks it was so lovely to all come back together in such a lovely place"
With The Beatles Tribute on stage duiring their perfomance on Saturday night
Honington Military Wives Choir performing in the Cathedral
Looking towards the Cathedral from the Stage area
Inside the Garth Marquee
Walk this way
- East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival Friday 26 November 2021
- 2021 Summer Newsletter available to download Tuesday 29 June 2021
- It's Beer Day Britain tomorrow 15th June 2021 Monday 14 June 2021
- The Inns & Alehouses of Bury St Edmunds - 26th June 2021 Sunday 13 June 2021
- Celebrate Britains' National Beer Day 7 pm 15th June 2021 Wednesday 2 June 2021
- 29th East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival TICKETS now on sale Monday 17 May 2021
- BEER FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER FORM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE Sunday 16 May 2021
- CAMRA MEMBER EXCLUSIVE pre-register for Beer Festival tickets Sunday 16 May 2021
- Last Orders May 2021 available to download here Thursday 13 May 2021
- New website for Community Pubs Tuesday 11 May 2021
West Suffolk and Borders branch of CAMRA occupies an area from Brandon in the north to Nayland and the Essex border in the south, and from Newmarket and Exning in the west to Finningham in the east.
(click for more about us)
- Chairman ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@namriahc
(click on "Branch Committee" to see contact details for all members of the committee)
Walk No. 1 Thurston-Pakenham-Thurston. This easy circular walk takes you through varied Suffolk countryside and villages and past three real ale pubs. What more excuse do you need?
(click for more info)
Details of which pubs and breweries are still open and the services they are supplying.
Twitter / wscBeer
- Monday, 23:15 : RT @SEECamra: Punch Pubs owners mull sale cityam.com/punch-pubs-own…
- Tuesday, 07:23 : Staff at UK’s highest pub bid ‘fond farewell’ to snowed-in guests. “They struggled bravely against rescue.” #pubs theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2…
- Monday, 19:05 : RT @KnoydartBrewery: Heavenly. Blonde. 5.1% Delicious. #knoydart pic.twitter.com/LpXfOtRb1N
- Monday, 19:29 : RT @oakesbarn: This week @oakesbarn Tuesday: #Karaoke from 8pm Thursday: Meet the brewer at 7pm @otterbrewery as we launch our latest product, followed by #music with #GoodVibes from 8pm #community #pub pic.twitter.com/dA7UAEA7Wc
- Friday, 14:22 : RT @MildnhallPolice: Is this your puppy? Officers would like to reunite this puppy with its owner and are asking anyone with information to come forward. The female puppy was found in the Red Lodge area. Proof of ownership will be required. Contact PC 1830 BURTON, Philip.Burton@suffolk.police.uk pic.twitter.com/MBvfHRLIhI